The Rome Engineering Services Department provides broad support through its interaction with all other areas of the City of Rome workforce. The Engineering staff performs boundary surveys, field surveys for water, sewer, and road construction, as well as utilizing GPS technology to locate city infrastructure and incorporating that data into the GIS mapping system. Field Work is compiled utilizing computer-aided design software to produce working drawings for approximately 450 control station records utilized for vertical and horizontal control.
Other services provided include:
- City address assignments and information
- City Street right-of-way width information
- Development plan review
- Final Plat review (within the city)
- Utility maps, roadway maps, easement drawings
The extensive files in the Engineering Department contain detailed maps of the majority of the City, most of which is now available to the public in digital format on our digital references page. Miscellaneous historical survey plats are also available.
Traffic Systems Services
The Traffic Systems section of Engieering Services is comprised of professionally trained and certified staff who privide safe and high-quality services including the following:
- Emergency services provided on-call 24/7
- Installation and maintenance of school zone lights
- Responsible for the installation of new signals and the maintenance of all signals in Rome, Floyd County
- Provide signal contract maintenance to the City of Cartersville and Bartow County.