The City's Risk Manager is responsible for handling automobile, general liability, and workers' compensation claims. We oversee the City's Loss Prevention Policy and Drug and Alcohol Policy, as well as safety, training, and wellness programs throughout the City.
To file a claim with the City of Rome, please contact the City of Rome Risk Manager for a claim form and guidance for moving through the claims process. Every claim is investigated and reviewed on an individual case-by-case basis to determine liability.
The City of Rome is a Drug-Free Workplace and it is a condition of employment that all employees will be drug-free.
The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 requires all federal grant recipients and federal contractors (where contracts exceed $100,000.00) to certify that they will provide a drug-free workplace. The final rules describing the requirements for such grantees/contractors were published in the Federal Register on May 25, 1990.
Generally, this law requires covered employers to:
- Develop and publish a written policy and ensure that employees read and consent to the policy as a condition of employment;
- Initiate an awareness program to educate employees about
- the dangers of drug abuse,
- the company's drug-free workplace policy,
- any available drug counseling, rehabilitation, and employee assistance programs,
- the penalties that may be imposed upon employees for drug abuse violations;
- Require that all employees notify the employer or contractor within 5 days of any conviction for a drug offense in the workplace;
- Make an on-going good faith effort to maintain a drug-free workplace.